Information on different US colleges, universities, and post-secondary trade schools. School information includes admission requirements, degrees & majors, contact info, test scores, student diversity, religious affiliations, athletics, tuition expenses, etc.
Whether you've played the stock market or spent the weekend in Vegas, you understand the idea of the risks and benefits of investing. Investing time and money into an education is an extra commitment, particularly for working professionals and those raising families, but the benefits often outweigh the risk.
Stay-at-Home Education Challenges and Rewards
Raising children can be a full time job even in a two-parent household. For parents who also work, it may be hard to find the incentive to take on another commitment in the form of an education. Check out a few benefits of completing an education as a stay-at-home mom or dad:
- Time management. Many campus-based schools offer night classes that can work for two-parent households. Finding the time to study or attend class is less of an issue with an online degree that can be completed in your spare time and at your own pace.
- Shared study hour. Working towards a degree with school-age children can give you the opportunity to have scheduled family homework times, further proving your educational commitment to your children.
- In-House Inspiration. One of the most important keys to successfully completing any educational program is staying motivated. If you choose an education to help make your family's future more secure, no motivation is greater than the children who depend on you.
A busy life is always full of priorities. The family life that many of us dream of is in reality a rewarding, hectic world of time and financial requirements. If you're thinking of continuing your education, you should consider the benefits that outshine the challenges of making a home life work while you're in school.About the Author
Amelia Gray is a teacher and freelance writer in San Marcos, TX. Amelia earned a Bachelor's Degree in English Literature from Arizona State University.
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (8-Month Diploma Program)
- Pharmacy Technician (8-Month Diploma Program)