St. John's University-New York - Queens, NY
Details on St. John's University-New York - Queens, NY from the EdRef college search directory of thousands of U.S. colleges.
This copyrighted information has been developed from a variety of sources, covering 2002 to 2017. Please request additional information directly from the school.
School data is from the US Dept. of Education's Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS),2005. Data may vary depending on school and academic year.
St. John's University-New York
St. John's University-New Yorkhas a Roman Catholic religious affiliation.
St. John's University-New Yorkhas a Roman Catholic religious affiliation.The highest degree offered by the school is the Doctoral (and professional) degree. St. John's University-New Yorkhas a Roman Catholic religious affiliation.The highest degree offered by the school is the Doctoral (and professional) degree.St. John's University-New York is a private, for-profit school.
Contacting the School
8000 Utopia Pky
Queens, NY 11439
Main Phone: 7189906161
Student Body Size and Diversity
In Fall 2002, the school had20,096 (full-time equivalent) students. 99.8% of students attend full-time, while0.2% attend part-time. Male students comprised 47.4% of the student body, while females made up 52.6%.
Minority enrollment includedAfrican-American (2455)%, Hispanic (2786)%, Asian (2461)%, and Native American (26)%.
Three quarters of students scored at least 470.One quarter of students scored at least 580.
On the Math SAT, 75% of students scored 480 or higher.One fourth of students scored 610 or higher.
- Certificate, < 1 year
- Certificate, 1-2 years
- Associate's Degree
- Certificate, 2-4 years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certificate, Post-Bachelor's
- Master's Degree
- Certificate, Post-Master's
- Doctor's Degree
- First-Professional Degree
Business And Management
- Curriculum And Instruction
- Educational Administration
- ESL And Language
- Student Services And Counseling
- Teacher Aide
- Vocational Teaching
- Special Education
- Communication Disorders And Speech Pathology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Medical Office
Athletics, Including Athletic Scholarships & Financial Aid
St. John's University-New York belongs to the following athletic conferences:
- Big East Conference (for basketball, baseball, and track & field).
The school offers financial aid to athletes for basketball, baseball, track & field, and in general
Special Student Services
- Remedial assistance
- AP credits
- Credit for life experience
- Weekend college
- Distance learning options
- Study abroad
- Student employment services
- Career counseling
- Placement services for graduates. However career placement is not guaranteed.
Cost of Attending
|In-State, Living On Campus:||$ 43,760.00|
|In-State, Living With Family:||$ 33,490.00|
|Out of State, Living On Campus:||$ 43,760.00|
- High-school GPA is required.
- Standardized test scores are required.
- Secondary school rank is recommended.
- Secondary school record is recommended.
- Recommendations are recommended.
- A college preparatory program is recommended.
- A demonstration of competency (such as samples of work, e.g.) is recommended.
- The TOEFL (if applicable) is recommended for international students.
Disclaimer: Information on this page was not provided or commissioned by the featured school. Information has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the featured school.